(origineel Engelstalig persbericht)
Promenade Sainte-Catherine, the €120 million prime mixed-use redevelopment in the centre of Bordeaux created by pan-European retail real estate specialist Redevco, has attracted 135,000 visitors in the first three days since opening to the public on 9th October.
Redevco transformed the former print works of Sud Ouest newspaper into the new shopping location Promenade Sainte-Catherine. Designed to create an environment that is relaxing for visitors as they pass through it, dine, shop or meet there, it brings a new dynamic to the busy heart of Bordeaux’s historic city centre.
Redevco, opened the development with a ceremony on 8th October presided by Alain Juppé, the former French prime minister and currently Mayor of Bordeaux and President of Greater Bordeaux. Appearing alongside him was the scheme’s architect, Denis Valode of Valode & Pistre, and Redevco France’s Managing Director Thierry Cahierre.
Promenade Sainte-Catherine brings new international and local retail brands to Bordeaux showcasing their innovative concepts in fashion, beauty products, interior decoration, leisure and dining. They include high-profile occupiers such as LEGO, Monop’, La Grande Récré and Starbucks, while fashion is represented by brands such as Superdry, C&A, Esprit, G-Star Raw and JD Sports.
Facts & Figures
- Four years of works to redevelop the former print works of Sud Ouest
- A 28,000 m2 urban regeneration project in the heart of historic Bordeaux
- 19,000 m2 of retail space in an open environment
- Certified as “very good” by BREEAM A total investment of more than €120 million
- 100 Apartments developed by Nexity
- An unique location between Porte Dijeaux and rue Sainte-Catherine
- Design by architects Valode & Pistre
- Generated more than 500 jobs in build-up to its opening
- Projected visits a year: 10 million